Thursday, December 27, 2012

If You Ever

If you ever need a friend. If you ever need a listening ear. If everyone else's lives seem perfect, 



you can talk to me. 
Or find a true friend, maybe an older person whom you trust to confide in, ask advice from. Talking to Jesus is best, but sometimes you just need a friend besides Jesus, or maybe that's being Jesus in the flesh and bones on earth to someone...being there for them in heartache. Nothing you could tell me about your family would shock me, because as a friend of mine said, "Satan doesn't need any new tricks, 
he just uses the same ones down through time."


Sometimes I wonder if that's why we don't have perfect families. We are supposed to be able to empathize with others. Jesus is our high priest, and the bible says: "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin." ~ Hebrews 4:15

So He sympathizes with us in our weakness and He knows we are far from perfect, and so our families are far from perfect. We shouldn't pretend we are perfect to our kids or the world. Who is going to reach out for encouragement if every one of us looks like we have it all together? We are to strive for personal holiness without becoming holier-than-thou. Thank You, Lord, for my imperfect world that makes me long for You even more. Thank You, that you allow daily turn-arounds.


"I will praise the Lord at all times;
my mouth will continually praise him." ~ Psalm 34:1

No comments: