Thursday, February 17, 2011

Counting My Favorites

Some of my Favorites are.....



Little Grandsons and Animals...




New Baby Granddaughters and Buttery Soft Skin...



Perfect Roses...



The Color Blue, I love blue and old, Old Wood...



Mountains, the majesty, the enormity, the peace...


Miss Patty Dog and Snow...



My Kindhearted, Smart, Wonderful Kids...


My Honey's Hands and The Word...



A New Godly Generation...



Silhouettes of Bare, Leafless Trees...

All my favorites serve to remind me that I often say I must be one of HIS favorites, otherwise how, how, how, could HE forgive ME and cast my failings as far as the east is from the west and choose to remember them no more?? Actually, there's absolutely nothing that I can do to make myself acceptable to God. THAT is why He died in my place and raised from the dead to pay my penalty. 
I can never be good enough on my own.
The Lord God is who I owe gratitude for the blessings of each new day 
and every favorite that comes into my life.
You can be one of His favorites too.

Psalm 103:8-18

8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children—
18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts. 

4 comments:

Angelia said...

Tears! Love this, and love you sweet Friend! :)

 Cha said...

Glad it blessed you. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Ruthella wrote: "You know how much I love pictures of Benji but I have to confess the picture I loved the most and it's caption was of Davids hands on Gods Word.... I love that Charlene, it really touched my heart and is so beautiful. Brides and Grooms have pictures taken with their hands on the Bible but you really don't think about it but seeing Davids hands and your caption was just amazing for me..... love it so much. Thank you my friend....." -Ruthella

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

The pictures were so beautiful and it's hard to pick a favorite from your list. The hands were by far the best and most touching. The blue door was "eye candy" for me. I could just rip that door right off and hang it on my wall!!!!! So glad I stopped by today. The passage of scripture was perfect for my morning, too. And just the title of your blog spoke volumes to me. I wonder how many times ina day I do NOT speak with wisdom??????