Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Candies: Homemade Tag-a-Longs, Reese's Bars, Divinity, Coconut Bon-Bons, Toffee, Tea Cakes & Chocolate-Covered Cherries



Christmas Goodies like these have always been THE gift to our favorite families. 

Everyone has their favorite. Bon-Bons are probably mine. I can remember Momma sometimes also dipped the Bon-Bons in melted butterscotch chips or cherry chips. This year I did almond bark and chocolate-covered ones. The toffee was a new candy for me to make this year. I followed the directions to sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let them melt and spread the chocolate. It didn't work out so well. The chips didn't melt right even when I popped it into the oven. So if there's  next time I will melt the chocolate and pour over the set toffee. It's still yummy.

Here's the link for the "Better than Lofthouse" Tea Cake recipe  which is my great grandmother's recipe. 

Chocolate-Covered Cherries directions are here.

The Tag-A-Longs are just 2 Ritz crackers with peanut butter spread in the middle, then dipped in chocolate. I like to mix chocolate almond bark or milk chocolate with semi-sweet chocolate.

Recipe for Bon-Bons will be here.

Reese's Bars recipe is here.

I did not use it, but this is the Toffee recipe from Pioneer Woman's site. I wanted the brown sugar one that I can't find. My recipe will be here eventually. It's only 1 c. brown sugar, 1 cup butter, dash salt.

No comments: