Thursday, October 4, 2012

Caramel Sauce

It's fall so we must have caramel and apples! This stuff is so delicious, so addictive, I thought I might title it "CaramelCrack", but decided...
no, only at my house. :)

It's so good I think I could sell it, but I don't wanna, so I'm sharing the recipe with you! It doesn't have corn syrup like other recipes, but that doesn't mean it's healthy by any means. I think real vanilla and real butter makes this as yummy as can be!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter (the real stuff)
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla


Here's how

Buttering the pan sides keeps sugar crystals from forming.


I would say maybe cook this for 2 minutes after it comes to a boil.
You can continue cooking longer, to about soft ball stage, possibly, to make caramels. I'll let you know if I try it. And you know I will.



It makes a little more than three cups. It's hard to tell for sure 
when people keep "tasting" it.
 Store in fridge. Heat some and pour over apples, ice cream, 
eat it on a spoon...just kidding, sort of.

1 comment:

shannon said...

ooh, I'd love to know if it works to make caramels! Love your recipes and that you share :)
Thanks