Thursday, May 21, 2009

Think and Act Positive


We can probably all confess to negative thinking, which can lead to negative actions. I've got a "blessing book" that a friend gave me to remember my blessings in. What a great idea! I've read through and received encouragement from what I'd written not very long ago. It's amazing how soon we forget God's blessings to us.

"Every generous act of giving and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father who made the heavenly lights, in whom there is no inconsistency or shifting shadow." -James 1:17

I purposed to sit down and write every positive thing I could think of pertaining to my husband today. It's sometimes easy to count our spouses failings. How many negative things would we want calculated about ourselves? Oh my! What a list my honey would have on me!

So here's a partial list of his awesome attributes:

He goes to church with us on Sunday mornings.
He teaches our son valuable things.
He doesn't go out without me.
He always remembers my birthday with a sweet card.
He never talks down to me.
He goes to work and provides for his family.
He takes care of the house, the yard and the cars.
He hugs our big son.
He usually asks my opinion and considers my point of view.
He loves my momma.
He pets my dog, takes her out, and feeds the cat.
He cleans the huge hairballs out of the drain.

Top that list.

No comments: