Monday, March 2, 2009

Searching For True Love


These are excellent VCR tapes by Josh Harris. There are 3 in the Searching For True Love series. You'd want them all. Love, Purity and Trust. They're oldies, but goodies.

Josh is funny enough to keep a teen's attention and serious enough for parents. His on-the-street interviews sadly show how people view the meaning of love. It's evident they don't have a clue. Do you? Do your teens?

I hope they eventually release them on DVD. Maybe if we pester him? The FBC church library has them. Well, not right now....I have them, but I'll take them back so you can borrow them. The ones I have were actually transferred to DVD. Cool, huh?

I wrote out a few questions for my teen:
  • Am I content where God has placed me in my singleness? Why, or why not?
  • Write out Ephesians 5:15-16. The King James and New King James versions say, "redeeming the time", What does this mean?
  • How am I redeeming the time? (What am I doing with my single time for God?)
  • What could I be doing?
  • Am I committed to wait for the one God will bring to me?
  • Am I firm in my convictions about courtship?

No comments: