Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Being Careful With Our Words

I have proof that God has a great sense of humor.

A few years ago I knew I was going to be spending extended time with someone who rubbed me the wrong way. It never mattered how carefully I worded things, my words would be interpreted to mean something entirely different than what I'd meant. I decided to pray earnestly that the Lord would help me with my words, that I wouldn't speak one word that wasn't necessary and kind. I asked the Lord to help me be understood and help me to keep my mouth shut.

On the 13 hour trip to this person's home I developed a scratchy throat and arrived with barely any voice at all! Isn't God good?!! I could barely speak above a whisper, and could only smile at the conversations going on around me. I was amazed and chucked the whole visit at the sense of humor of the Lord.

No comments: