There was an error in this gadget

Friday, September 26, 2008

Feelings

My feelings were hurt this week. The offender probably didn't even know they did so. When that kind of thing happens I want to whine to the Lord about pitiful me, how trampled upon I feel, how unjust, how wronged.... but I have no right to take offense. God was offended beyond anything I could suffer, and He did it for my sake. I'm called to forgive, by the Greatest Forgiver. I'm called to be long-suffering, by the One who suffered in my stead. How can I dare refuse that? Especially when He trades my heartache for joy? My bitterness for concern for others? My turmoil for peace? That's a pretty good trade.


"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." - Proverbs 17:9

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: