Friday, September 26, 2008

Feelings

My feelings were hurt this week. The offender probably didn't even know they did so. When that kind of thing happens I want to whine to the Lord about pitiful me, how trampled upon I feel, how unjust, how wronged.... but I have no right to take offense. God was offended beyond anything I could suffer, and He did it for my sake. I'm called to forgive, by the Greatest Forgiver. I'm called to be long-suffering, by the One who suffered in my stead. How can I dare refuse that? Especially when He trades my heartache for joy? My bitterness for concern for others? My turmoil for peace? That's a pretty good trade.


"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." - Proverbs 17:9

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: