Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Promises She Keeps- book review

The Promises She Keeps is about a young woman, Promise, who has cystic fibrosis. She yearns to be remembered long after her death, so she pursues a singing career hoping for fame. 

Her path crosses with, Chase, an autistic artist, Zack, a troubled young photographer, and Porta, a strange, self-seeking, gallery owner.was an interesting book.

I liked the character development and how the author shows us what autism and cystic fibrosis must be like for those who live it. It was hard to put down. I also liked the allegorical feel of the story line, but I wish it had been made a little plainer that the characters had a relationship with God.

The book was provided for me by the publisher, I was not required to give a good review nor was I compensated.

No comments: