Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary

We've been married for 24 years. That's quite an accomplishment these days.

* He turns wrenches, banging his knuckles all day, to provide a living for us so I can stay home and do what I do.
(That's why I love his hands. There's full of scars to remind me.)

* He comes in from a hard day in the heat or cold with a smile on his face and a
"Hi, Pretty Woman!!" on his lips. He says this whether I look good or not, whether the house is a disaster or clean....

* If he has to drive a long distance to pick up a broken down truck he will call and talk to me. (That's why I decided the cell phones were worth it.)

* He completely checks out the car for me before I go on a long trip without him.

* He will listen to my advice and tell me he's sorry if he didn't take my advice and things turned out badly.

* He holds my hand in public.

* He lets me buy all the chocolate chips I want. (That's a whole other story.)

* He buys me chocolate.

* He's a big strong guy who sometimes gets misty-eyed during sad parts of a movie.

* He teases about all the plants I have but he will bring me one home just the same.

* He's willing to play "banker" while we play Monopoly even though he doesn't really like to play board games.

* On his day off he sometimes makes me go take a nap in the middle of the day if I've been up too late.

* He pays all the bills and doesn't yell at me if I forget to bring in the bills/mail from my car and he's wondering for days where they are. (I've done that more than once)

* He eats whatever I put in front of him even if he sees I've hidden broccoli in it.

* He digs the gross hair clogs out of the drain for me 'cause he knows it makes me sick.

* Every evening when he shaves he washes out the sink so I don't have to clean up his beard hairs.

* He shaves just for me.

* He makes extra coffee for me.

* He cooks my steak just the way I like it.

* He is a manly, godly example to our son and our nephews.

* He supports and encourages me with homeschooling and my business.

* He prays for me.

No comments: