Thursday, November 13, 2008

Falling Faces

If you're over 30, have you ever made the horrifying mistake of leaning over and looking at your reflection in a mirror which is laying on a counter? Go do it, I'll wait for you to come back, laughing and crying hysterically......

Not a pretty sight, is it? Well, that's what small children see when we lean over them!
LOL! Now, lean over your mirror, slightly stick out your tongue, shake your face vigorously and say, "Bbbbblllllah!"
It's enough to frighten children and tiny pets. Maybe scar them for life!

What happened to my face? I'm glad I'm not too terribly vain. It would scar ME for life. I'm sure that God lets our vision worsen as we age so we can't see each other's outer flaws clearly. I need failing vision for people's inside flaws too.

I'm so thankful that God looks on the inside and not the outside, even though, I'll admit, sometimes the insides of me aren't very pretty either.

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." - Proverbs 31:30

"...the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7b

1 comment:

kel said...

You made me giggle out loud.